Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying iPhone abroad - guarantee/ warrianty

I would like to ask you about the terms of guarantee. I live in Poland, but I would like to buy iPhone from UK Apple store online at the english adress, I will visit my sister in few weeks. What will happen with warrianty in Poland, when the iPhone is from english store.

thanks ind advance!

Agata

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 1:13 PM

While frazzm737 is correct, Poland is a member of the EU, and the EU is one “country” as far as the Apple warranty is concerned. So if you buy the phone in any EU country the warranty will be good in Poland. The problem is, since Brexit the UK is technically no longer in the EU. So I don’t know if it counts as part of the EU for warranty purposes. You would have to ask Apple in the UK. I know that it does extend to Switzerland and some other countries not technically in the EU.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 1:13 PM in response to ag_atta

While frazzm737 is correct, Poland is a member of the EU, and the EU is one “country” as far as the Apple warranty is concerned. So if you buy the phone in any EU country the warranty will be good in Poland. The problem is, since Brexit the UK is technically no longer in the EU. So I don’t know if it counts as part of the EU for warranty purposes. You would have to ask Apple in the UK. I know that it does extend to Switzerland and some other countries not technically in the EU.

Nov 4, 2022 1:10 PM in response to ag_atta

What will happen with warrianty in Poland, when the iPhone is from english store.

The warranty on the phone will be in the U.K., so if the phone ever requires service, it will need to be returned to the U.K. for this.

It is a good idea to purchase the phone in the country in which it will be used most of the time......if possible.

Buying iPhone abroad - guarantee/ warrianty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.