Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video (MP4) playback on iOS 16.0.2 stutters

Turned off:

• Auto-brightness
  • Reduce Motion
  • Background App Refresh

No change with the above mentioned changes, videos that are HD or better quality stutter during playback. Seems like this issue has been around for quite sometime. Still no fix from Apple?

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 10:50 PM

Ubiquious wrote:

Seems like this issue has been around for quite sometime. Still no fix from Apple?

Not on my devices.

I have always kept all my devices updated to the latest iOS for over a decade and have never encountered any issues.

I still have iPhone 4S, 5, 6, 8, SE (1st Gen), 12 Pro, iPad Pro, and MacBook Air with all devices updated.

Please see the pic below

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 10:50 PM in response to Ubiquious

Ubiquious wrote:

Seems like this issue has been around for quite sometime. Still no fix from Apple?

Not on my devices.

I have always kept all my devices updated to the latest iOS for over a decade and have never encountered any issues.

I still have iPhone 4S, 5, 6, 8, SE (1st Gen), 12 Pro, iPad Pro, and MacBook Air with all devices updated.

Please see the pic below

Nov 4, 2022 10:49 PM in response to Ubiquious

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Nov 7, 2022 3:58 AM in response to SravanKrA

If you want to be a cheerleader for Apple, that’s great but I am looking for a solution and I am not the only one.

I should have been more specific, create a MP4 on a PC, dimensions should be1920x1080 at least, few hundred MB in size. Verified that it it plays on a PC and tablet. Copy the video to the iPhone. Play the MP4 on the phone, it stutters on playback.

Video (MP4) playback on iOS 16.0.2 stutters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.