Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone is permanently stuck on lockout

hi my phone has locked me ouut for a whole day now and it wont let me get back in please can you sort this from your end

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 9:08 AM

No, we cannot sort this from our end. You have unfortunately entered the wrong passcode for your phone too many times and have locked yourself out of your own phone. You yourself must sort this out.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........you can use the instructions linked just below:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not running iOS 15.2 or higher........please use the instructions linked below, but note that you must use a PC or Mac.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 9:08 AM in response to liagarner

No, we cannot sort this from our end. You have unfortunately entered the wrong passcode for your phone too many times and have locked yourself out of your own phone. You yourself must sort this out.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........you can use the instructions linked just below:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not running iOS 15.2 or higher........please use the instructions linked below, but note that you must use a PC or Mac.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

iphone is permanently stuck on lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.