Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about migrating data to a new computer

So, if you transfer your documents, applications, system preferences from the old Mac, does that erase everything on the old Mac?? Because that’s not what I want to do!! Help!!

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 9:45 PM

dccrouch714 Said:

"Question about migrating data to a new computer: So, if you transfer your documents, applications, system preferences from the old Mac, does that erase everything on the old Mac?? Because that’s not what I want to do!! Help!!"

-------

Transferring As Desired:

Create a Time Machine Backup of the old Mac, and then use Migration Assistant to transfer what you want.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 9:45 PM in response to dccrouch714

dccrouch714 Said:

"Question about migrating data to a new computer: So, if you transfer your documents, applications, system preferences from the old Mac, does that erase everything on the old Mac?? Because that’s not what I want to do!! Help!!"

-------

Transferring As Desired:

Create a Time Machine Backup of the old Mac, and then use Migration Assistant to transfer what you want.

Question about migrating data to a new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.