You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did iOS calendar "events affect availability" move to in iOS 16

I’ve noticed a couple of my calendars will not let me set the busy or free information when I create an event on the calendar and these were the calendars where in iOS 15 I had used the option for events affect availability and turned it off.

Now, I don’t seem to be able to toggle this on or off on my calendars anymore, leaving these calendars in a state where the events cannot be set to busy.

The option used to be in calendar, calendars, and tapping the information button to the right of a particular calendar on iCloud.

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 1:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 6:21 AM

I contacted Apple, and after discussing them finding that the option is still available on my Gmail calendars, just not iCloud ones, the conclusion that we came to us that the feature is missing by mistake and that it should eventually return, hopefully, maybe, probably.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2022 6:21 AM in response to iZian

I contacted Apple, and after discussing them finding that the option is still available on my Gmail calendars, just not iCloud ones, the conclusion that we came to us that the feature is missing by mistake and that it should eventually return, hopefully, maybe, probably.

Nov 7, 2022 2:03 AM in response to SravanKrA

Im creating new events in my iCloud calendars.

The 2 calendars where I had turned off “events affect availability” previously will not show this field when I create a new calendar event.

the option to turn back on events affect availability seems to have been moved in ios16 because I can’t find it.

It shows where it should show in my GMail based calendar but for all my iCloud based calendars the option to change this is missing; yet despite being missing it is still off for 2 of my calendars.

it might just be the 12th bug in iOS I’ve found since 16… it seems more likely that Apple just messed it up since the option still shows on my gmail based calendar but it’s only missing for my iCloud ones now.

but because it’s missing and I can’t turn it back on; I cannot change the behaviour of one of my calendars with hundreds of events in it where I had turned this off for summer and now want the option back on.

Where did iOS calendar "events affect availability" move to in iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.