Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was hacked. On my phone in settings there is a notification that my saved passwords have been compromised is this from a hacker or apple. Do I really need to change my passwords it has boxes to click on to ch

I need to talk to someone about my possible hacking on my phone

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 9:49 AM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2022 9:59 AM in response to wende163

Most likely this is a scam. Don't fall for it. Apple will never send you a message that your passwords have been compromised.

In order for there to be any potential possibility that this phone was hacked, all of the following would have to be true:

• The hacker would
    • need to know your Apple ID username & password.
    • need to know your iPhone's passcode.
    • have to have your exact fingerprints for Touch ID.
    • have to look exactly like you for Face ID.
    • have physical possession of your phone.

The only other thing would be if you have jailbroken the phone.

You should, as a minimum, just change your Apple ID password. It is totally up to you, if you want to change any others. Actually, it is a good idea to consider the following four things when it comes to passwords:

1. Use strong passwords.
  2. Never use the same password for different accounts.
  3. Change them every 30-60 days.
  4. If an account allows for two-factor password authentication, enable it.

Ref:

I was hacked. On my phone in settings there is a notification that my saved passwords have been compromised is this from a hacker or apple. Do I really need to change my passwords it has boxes to click on to ch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.