Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not sending out; stuck in my Outbox. Tried everything already.

New M1 MacBook Pro, and ever since a couple of updates back, I haven't been able to send emails out of Mac MAil from ANY of my email accounts (Gmail, iCloud, my own personal hosted domain through Media Temple, etc.) even though I am connected to the internet through a blinding fast connection, no firewalls, email servers all working, etc. I wind up having to respond to emails from my iPhone even though it's using the same exact internet connection, same email servers, etc... except this time, the email I'm trying to respond to is not showing up on my iPhone, which has never happened before! It's maddening!

Any help is greatly appreciated, though last time I asked for help, I just got the standard stock copy&paste obvious answers that did fix my issue at all, so I'm not holding my breath I guess...

(sorry for my frustration, but I've been an Apple user since the Apple II, and I've run tech support departments for years, and lately, it's all changed for the worse! More issues than ever, less support than ever...)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Sorry but, I am not going to download some random program I've never heard of just to run a diagnostic that I already ran with the built-in Apple program.

The last person to ask this same support question got the only response of "If your emails are not sending out, then it's your Internet connection or Email server settings". In my case, it is not. I am able to send out emails from my iPhone using the same exact WiFi connection, and all of the same exact email server connections. I'm only using three different email addresses these days on my M1 Macbook Pro; my iCloud email, a Gmail account, and an email from my own Domain hosted by Media Temple. I've had these literally for over a decade (in fact, I'm grandfathered in to using the .mac instead of having to use .iCloud)

On my now dead iMac, I use to have 20 email accounts with no issues. But now, there is obviously something that got broken with some Mac OS update a couple of months ago. Currently on Monteray 12.6. Haven't installed any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", or "anti-virus" apps ever on any Apple computer in the last 30 years, though I did install a VPN at one point but only used it once and have since turned it off, and have been able to send emails fine.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2022 1:30 PM in response to Old Toad

Sorry but, I am not going to download some random program I've never heard of just to run a diagnostic that I already ran with the built-in Apple program.

The last person to ask this same support question got the only response of "If your emails are not sending out, then it's your Internet connection or Email server settings". In my case, it is not. I am able to send out emails from my iPhone using the same exact WiFi connection, and all of the same exact email server connections. I'm only using three different email addresses these days on my M1 Macbook Pro; my iCloud email, a Gmail account, and an email from my own Domain hosted by Media Temple. I've had these literally for over a decade (in fact, I'm grandfathered in to using the .mac instead of having to use .iCloud)

On my now dead iMac, I use to have 20 email accounts with no issues. But now, there is obviously something that got broken with some Mac OS update a couple of months ago. Currently on Monteray 12.6. Haven't installed any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", or "anti-virus" apps ever on any Apple computer in the last 30 years, though I did install a VPN at one point but only used it once and have since turned it off, and have been able to send emails fine.

Nov 6, 2022 3:43 PM in response to genshi

Do a search in these forums for Etrecheck:

site: discussions.apple.com etreheck

It was developed by one of the most respected contributors in these forums and bas been recommended by Apple here . The free version is sufficient for most user.

It's not something we randomly pick to have you download. It's the most powerful tool at our disposal for evaluating the health of your Mac and system.

Nov 6, 2022 12:05 PM in response to genshi

Tell us what fixes you've already tried so we don't waste time suggesting them.

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to paste the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.

Nov 7, 2022 8:39 AM in response to genshi

Yes there is. In order to keep it in the store the developer had to dumb it down so much that it wouldn't get the info he and we needed. There is no personal info in the report. Even the name of the hard drives are hidden. For example, the Macintosh HD - Data is listed as M**************D.

It's up to you. If you don't want to try it we're at a big disadvantage in evaluating your system for the cause of the problem.

Emails not sending out; stuck in my Outbox. Tried everything already.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.