Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Apple Music from auto-playing in car?

Hi, on my iPhone 13 Pro (software 15.7) apple music randomly starts on loudspeaker when I have finished a phone call using my air pod pro (Bluetooth). The music randomly starts blaring out songs on the phone loudspeaker (ones I wouldn't ever choose listen to) after I put my air pods back in their case. I've disabled the continuous playlist feature (online advice) and deleted the playlist history, but it hasn't made a difference. Is there a way to actually disable this feature to stop it randomly kicking off?

I rarely listen to music on my phone, and the playlist that randomly kicks off always appears to be a curated apple music playlist called 'feeling happy'. Given I prefer Country music to bloody Abba this is exceptionally irritating and leaves me with the feeling there's some random coding analyst somewhere in the Apple Music team having far too much fun at my expense. If I have to live with this bug could someone at least let me know how to change the playlist to one I can live with? Not 'feeling happy'!

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 5:32 PM

Hi _Ken___,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like this might be related to the Autoplay button. From your Apple Music app try the following as mentioned in Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.

"To see your Autoplay queue:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.
  2. In the lower-right corner of your screen, tap Playing Next the Playing Next icon.
  3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 

To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you turn off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with your Apple ID."

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 5:32 PM in response to _Ken___

Hi _Ken___,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like this might be related to the Autoplay button. From your Apple Music app try the following as mentioned in Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.

"To see your Autoplay queue:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.
  2. In the lower-right corner of your screen, tap Playing Next the Playing Next icon.
  3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 

To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you turn off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with your Apple ID."

Take care.

How to stop Apple Music from auto-playing in car?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.