Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop automatic playing similar songs in Apple Music

Prior to iPadOS 16.2 there was a function the settings where you could ask the Apple Music application to stop playing after the last track in a playlist or an album.

After I updated the device today the setting is gone. I double-checked my iPhone as well and I can’t find the setting there either.

How do I stop my devices from continue playing similar music after last track of playlist or album?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:03 AM

Hi EternalOsmosis,

You can turn off Autoplay from your queue. While a song is playing, tap it so that it shows "full screen". Then you'll see the queue icon (3 dots and 3 lines) in the bottom right corner. After you tap the queue icon, you'll see the Autoplay icon in the "Playing Next" section of the screen, toward the top. Tap it to turn Autoplay off. You can read more here: Queue up your music on iPad.

Use the queue

1. Tap the player to open Now Playing.

2. Tap the Queue button, then tap a song to play it and the songs that follow.
To reorder the list, drag the Reorder button.

3. Tap the Queue button again to hide the queue.

By default, if you’re an Apple Music subscriber, Autoplay adds music similar to what you last played to the end of the queue. To turn off Autoplay, tap the Autoplay button.

Note: When you turn off Autoplay on a device that uses your Apple ID—your iPad, for example—Autoplay is turned off on all other devices that use the same Apple ID.

If needed, here's the information for your iPhone: Queue up your music on iPhone.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 8:03 AM in response to EternalOsmosis

Hi EternalOsmosis,

You can turn off Autoplay from your queue. While a song is playing, tap it so that it shows "full screen". Then you'll see the queue icon (3 dots and 3 lines) in the bottom right corner. After you tap the queue icon, you'll see the Autoplay icon in the "Playing Next" section of the screen, toward the top. Tap it to turn Autoplay off. You can read more here: Queue up your music on iPad.

Use the queue

1. Tap the player to open Now Playing.

2. Tap the Queue button, then tap a song to play it and the songs that follow.
To reorder the list, drag the Reorder button.

3. Tap the Queue button again to hide the queue.

By default, if you’re an Apple Music subscriber, Autoplay adds music similar to what you last played to the end of the queue. To turn off Autoplay, tap the Autoplay button.

Note: When you turn off Autoplay on a device that uses your Apple ID—your iPad, for example—Autoplay is turned off on all other devices that use the same Apple ID.

If needed, here's the information for your iPhone: Queue up your music on iPhone.

Regards.

How do I stop automatic playing similar songs in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.