Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange dot right upper corner of my iPhone SE3

I noticed just today that when I make a call from my iphone se3 an orange dot appears in tight upper corner. Does this mean someone could be listening or recording my calls. I change from android to this iPhone just couple weeks ago because my android was hacked. How do I see what app is triggering this? Only new app I added was zoom last night for mtging with my granddaughter. This meeting was with the person I believe hacked my previous phone. Is this possible?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 8:36 AM

No, the orange dot means that the microphone is on. That’s all it means. And it would be very hard to have a conversation if the microphone wasn’t on. See→About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

2 replies

Nov 7, 2022 8:36 AM in response to Mypersonalplace61

Your iPhone is not hacked and there is nothing to worry about.

• The orange dot at the top of your iPhone's screen lets you know an app is accessing your phone's microphone.
  • You cannot disable the dot since it's part of an Apple privacy feature that lets you know when apps use different phone elements.

When you make a phone call, then you will see the orange dot because the phone app is using the microphone of your iPhone. This is an awareness feature for you so that you know that your microphone is in use.

Axel F.

Orange dot right upper corner of my iPhone SE3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.