Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ask to buy feature is not working for my parents phones, but it works on their iPad. How do I fix it?

My ask to buy feature is supposed to send a request to my parents, but neither of them receive it. They both have their Apple IDs paired to all the accounts and everything looks like it should, but they still don’t get anything. How do I fix it?

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:20 PM

Your parents may have to check their iPhone Settings to see if their family members' accounts have "Ask to Buy" turned on. Or, maybe they have "Do Not Disturb" on, when they are in meetings at work, so they don't get the messages till much later than when you sent them.

You might want to show them the "Related Article" above your question, and see if they can help work out why the messages aren't arriving on their phones as well as the iPad.

If needed:

Contact  Apple Support

All the best :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 9:20 PM in response to Applesauce124

Your parents may have to check their iPhone Settings to see if their family members' accounts have "Ask to Buy" turned on. Or, maybe they have "Do Not Disturb" on, when they are in meetings at work, so they don't get the messages till much later than when you sent them.

You might want to show them the "Related Article" above your question, and see if they can help work out why the messages aren't arriving on their phones as well as the iPad.

If needed:

Contact  Apple Support

All the best :-)

My ask to buy feature is not working for my parents phones, but it works on their iPad. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.