Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone13 speakerphone still cutting on calls for the person I’m calling. Any sign of a fix yet?

It’s the same old problem. When I make a call with my iphone13 on speakerphone my voice cuts in and out for the person I’m speaking to on the other side. Is there any fix yet, apart from the ridiculous “record a memo, record a camera…. It’s your fault’ scenario fix? I’m tired to spend all this money on products that are not ready for market.

apple…. Is there a fix yet? If not can the customers who bought these defect devices please have some compensation or the offer of a new for old phone? A 12 would be better than this to be honest.

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 8:15 PM

6 replies

Nov 11, 2022 7:02 AM in response to Nicola0

Total agree with you when these updates are done is normal people who use a phone as a phone and I use video call a lot nowadays is so annoying for the other person as my mic keeps cutting out

until Apple listen to us and do something about it a basic feature we are used to on a smart phone is rendered useless

this is the other forum if you have not seen it

iPhone 13 pro voice cuts and the other pe… - Apple Community

i love my iPhone too must what used to be a known brand that just worked is turning into rushed out software not fully tested nowadays

Nov 11, 2022 6:53 AM in response to paulm34

Totally. @Paulm. It’s seems to be a problem with an agressive noise canceling gate but there is no way to reduce or turn it off. And believe me, I’ve tried. The OS has so many settings now, it’s bordering on ridiculous. I love my iPhone, but I’ll take a clear phone call over more childish icons anyday. They need to stop their obsession with copying Snapchat etc and make the phone usable piece of tech instead.

Nov 11, 2022 3:50 AM in response to jeffd55

i have the same issue on my iPhone 11 pro max being fine till now jumped through all the hoops with apple support there's a huge thread some where which is now at 43 pages but apple don't seem to acknowledge it and bury there heads. they have obviously a hardware issue or most probably a software issue the last chat ive had with them was to go to a apple store which is about 50miles away!! to be told ?? they have run a over the phone diagnostic test while on support but nothing all they seem to want to do is get me to shell out another £600 to exchange my phone with them that on other posts doesn't make it go away which makes me think it a software issue but apple don't care because a older phone and no longer there flagship phone to them

its a shame how apples customer service has gone you used to feel part of something but now just another money sign to them

Nov 9, 2022 2:29 PM in response to Nicola0

Hello Nicola0,

To start, the steps you mention "record a memo, record a camera" are not a way to fix things. These are isolation steps to help identify if the issue is hardware based, or related to your cellular network/connection so you know how to proceed.

iPhone has three microphones on it, the main one at the bottom, a front facing one and a rear facing one. When you make a normal phone call the main mic at the bottom is used. When you place a call on speaker, the microphone that is used depends on the device orientation. If the display is facing up towards you, then the front facing mic will be used. If the device is display down with the back side facing you, then the rear facing mic is used for the call.

That's the reason for testing each individual microphone, to see if one of them has a hardware issue or not. Voice memo uses the main mic at the bottom, a video taken with the front camera uses the front facing mic and a video taken with the rear camera uses the rear facing mic.

So for example, if you normally have the device facing up when you place a call on speaker, the front facing mic is the one you'd want to test by taking a video with the front camera. If the audio is fine in the video, then the microphone is working properly and the issue is coming from the cellular network/connection and you'd want to contact your wireless carrier to report those issues.

If a video taken with the front camera also has distorted audio, then that would indicate a hardware problem with that specific microphone and you'd want to contact Apple for service options: Get Support

Cheers!

Iphone13 speakerphone still cutting on calls for the person I’m calling. Any sign of a fix yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.