Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Render PDF Pages as Images 600 dpi

I am trying to convert a PDF to images using Automator. When I use "Render PDF Pages as Images" and set "resolution" value to 600, it says "Maximum exceeded." it looks like the maximum resolution is set to 400 dpi.

Is there a way to convert pdf to images using Automator but with resolution of 600 dpi? Perhaps, instead of "Render PDF Pages as Images,"but using apple script?

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 7:56 AM

I don't have Ventura in front of me as I am remote right now, but on macOS Monterey 12.6.1, I have no issue generating 600 dpi jpeg images using the following workflow:

I am filtering on kind: PDF, moving the rendered content from its /var… location to my Desktop where I then rename each image with an _00n.jpeg sequence. You may want to choose another folder location than Desktop to receive those sequence images. I confirmed that the image generated from a single page test PDF was 600 dpi in Preview.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 7:56 AM in response to jiminfromchicago

I don't have Ventura in front of me as I am remote right now, but on macOS Monterey 12.6.1, I have no issue generating 600 dpi jpeg images using the following workflow:

I am filtering on kind: PDF, moving the rendered content from its /var… location to my Desktop where I then rename each image with an _00n.jpeg sequence. You may want to choose another folder location than Desktop to receive those sequence images. I confirmed that the image generated from a single page test PDF was 600 dpi in Preview.

Automator Render PDF Pages as Images 600 dpi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.