Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to Macbook Air M2

Occasionally I have a problem logging in to my MacBook Air M2. I have macOS Ventura. On the start screen, it doesn't accept my password (I checked if the caps lock is activated), and restarts do not help at all. When I start the laptop in recovery mode, unlock the drive with the same password, and restart, it accepts my password without any problem at the login screen. I sometimes leave my USB-C YubiKey connected to the laptop when I close it. Can it be related?

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 4:47 AM

medzin wrote:

Occasionally I have a problem logging in to my MacBook Air M2. I have macOS Ventura. On the start screen, it doesn't accept my password (I checked if the caps lock is activated), and restarts do not help at all. When I start the laptop in recovery mode, unlock the drive with the same password, and restart, it accepts my password without any problem at the login screen. I sometimes leave my USB-C YubiKey connected to the laptop when I close it. Can it be related?

Can it be related...?

Well you are in the best position to compare your results when it is not connected.

report back your findings.

if no insight or resolve—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

for your third party product I would reach out:

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates/uninstall:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://support.yubico.com/hc/en-us

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 4:47 AM in response to medzin

medzin wrote:

Can it be related...?

Well you are in the best position to compare your results when it is not connected.

report back your findings.

if no insight or resolve—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

for your third party product I would reach out:

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates/uninstall:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://support.yubico.com/hc/en-us

Unable to login to Macbook Air M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.