Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using suggestions given for the use of camera adaptor 3 for usb drive on ipad 7 still doesn’t work. What should I try next? I’m updated to IPad OS15.7.1, trying to use SanDisk Cruzer Guide 32 Gb.

Using suggestions given for the use of camera adaptor 3 for usb drive on ipad 7 still doesn’t work. What should I try next? I’m updated to IPad OS15.7.1, trying to use SanDisk Cruzer Guide 32 Gb.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 6:23 AM

To connect USB storage devices to your iPad, you must use an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter:

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

The majority of USB storage will require more power than the iPad Lightning port can provide. When using the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, you will need to connect a Power Adapter of 12W or greater output to the Lightning port of the Camera Adapter.

More information about connection to external devices and storage can be found in the iPad User Guide - along with other frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

To be recognised by iPadOS, the attached USB storage device must be formatted to FAT, FAT32, exFAT, APFS or HFS+ with a single partition. Microsoft NTFS and other proprietary device formatting are not supported. Formatting and partitioning, if required, must be performed using a separate computer; iPad does not provide any facilities to format an external storage device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 6:23 AM in response to Gail610

To connect USB storage devices to your iPad, you must use an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter:

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

The majority of USB storage will require more power than the iPad Lightning port can provide. When using the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, you will need to connect a Power Adapter of 12W or greater output to the Lightning port of the Camera Adapter.

More information about connection to external devices and storage can be found in the iPad User Guide - along with other frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

To be recognised by iPadOS, the attached USB storage device must be formatted to FAT, FAT32, exFAT, APFS or HFS+ with a single partition. Microsoft NTFS and other proprietary device formatting are not supported. Formatting and partitioning, if required, must be performed using a separate computer; iPad does not provide any facilities to format an external storage device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.