Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Ultra heart rate detection fail when running faster

I like to run with the watch so much especially for the new action button and very accurate GPS, however the heart rate detect usually lost when running in faster pace which not happened in my old Apple Watch Series 7.

I didn’t turn on power saving mode and I’ve tried to restored the watch, situation is the same.

Anything I can do to make the HR detection better?

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:56 AM

It sounds like your watch lost its stable connection with your wrist-- it has to sit solidly on your arm to see the blood go by. Of course, that's harder when you're swinging your arms and sweating more as you run faster. You may have to tighten the wrist band to get a better, more stable connection. Some people tighten it just for workouts, then loosen the band for normal wear.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 9:56 AM in response to Drsoeasy

It sounds like your watch lost its stable connection with your wrist-- it has to sit solidly on your arm to see the blood go by. Of course, that's harder when you're swinging your arms and sweating more as you run faster. You may have to tighten the wrist band to get a better, more stable connection. Some people tighten it just for workouts, then loosen the band for normal wear.

Apple Watch Ultra heart rate detection fail when running faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.