Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not displaying font list

I've had some weird screwups with the iMovie font thing. I don't know what I did or how to fix it.

The first time, I opened the "Show Fonts..." window and misclicked something that made the font size options cover up the actual font list. I had to quit iMovie to get it back to normal. When I reopened iMovie, the only fonts the "Show Fonts..." window would display were ones I had recently used. I don't know to get my fonts back. "Manage Fonts" opens the Font Book folder, but doesn't allow any actual interface with iMovie. How do I fix this so I can use custom fonts again?

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:19 AM

Hi,

I can't determine what you did either.

Try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete peferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old

library to get back to your projects. Now see if all of your fonts are there. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Also, try using a different title and see if the fonts are there for it. Creating a new project might also help.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 9:19 AM in response to rktho

Hi,

I can't determine what you did either.

Try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete peferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old

library to get back to your projects. Now see if all of your fonts are there. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Also, try using a different title and see if the fonts are there for it. Creating a new project might also help.

-- Rich

iMovie not displaying font list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.