Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying Popup “Use your google account to Sign in”

I am using:

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16, Safari with block popups “on” in settings and

Duck duck go. I do not use Chrome.

My problem is: When I open certain websites (for example Redfin), a popup appears on each page telling me to “Use your Google Account to Sign In”. I never sign in with my google account and have already disabled this function from all of my google accounts. I also toggled off the switch on all of my google accounts that enables google to notify me to sign in using my google account.

Despite all my efforts, the popups still appear on each page of particular websites (not all websites), and I have to close the popups continually to read the page.

Why isn’t safari blocking these google popups? Isn’t there any solution to stop these google popups appearing in websites?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 7:24 AM

Actually, IdrisSeabright, the google popup reappears with every page on the website, and the page can’t be read without closing the popup first. So, essentially the website blocks me because I refuse to sign in with my google account and because I don’t value the websites enough to bother with opening a website specific account.

No big loss, imho

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 7:24 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Actually, IdrisSeabright, the google popup reappears with every page on the website, and the page can’t be read without closing the popup first. So, essentially the website blocks me because I refuse to sign in with my google account and because I don’t value the websites enough to bother with opening a website specific account.

No big loss, imho

Nov 11, 2022 3:37 AM in response to bryanr14

Thank you, BryanR14 for replying. I use Duck, Duck Go, not google, as my search engine. In privacy and security > Location Services is toggled off completely. By the way, I do not have any google extensions either.

Despite all these precautions I have taken, some websites still show the google popup on each page requiring me to sign in with my google account. I don’t want to sign in with google, for privacy reasons. So, I guess my only option is to never open these websites. Probably just as well…

Nov 10, 2022 1:25 PM in response to Heatherwk

Hello Heatherwk,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. Are you using Google as your search engine in Settings > Safari? If so, this prompt may appear. Another step you can verify is making sure that "Never" is enabled for location access in Safari. You can go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Safari Websites and see if "Never" is selected. These steps may help.

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Nov 11, 2022 3:49 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you, Idris Seabright for your reply. You have answered my question. For privacy reasons, I don’t want to sign in to websites using my google account, and I don’t want to read those websites enough to be bothered with creating website specific accounts. So, I will simply never open the websites that have those google pop ups on each page again. Probably just as well…

Heatherwk

Nov 10, 2022 1:38 PM in response to Heatherwk

Some websites offer the option of, rather than creating an account on that website, signing in with your existing Google account. One I can think of off the top of my head is apartmenttherapy.com. That pop-up is entirely controlled by the website. Generally, there is also the option in that pop-up to log in using an account specific to that site. Or, as you've discovered, you can dismiss the pop-up and continue as a guest. What you can't do is stop sites from asking you to sign in.

Annoying Popup “Use your google account to Sign in”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.