Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Badge

I just got an iPhone 14 and I do not see the red badge on the home screen to tell me how many unread emails there are. Other advice said Settings -- Notifications -- Mail -- be sure badge is on, but I don't have that as an option. I can see badges on other apps, just not Mail, but when I click into the Mail app, the unread emails are there.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:46 AM

This is unexpected behavior, make sure that your iPhone is up to date ☞ Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

also try restart your iPhone ☞ Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

if that doesn’t help , try reset the settings by going to Settings > General > transfer or reset iPhone > reset > Reset All Settings.

you will not lose any data from your iPhone if you reset the settings, it will just back as default.

if that also doesn’t help Contact Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 10:46 AM in response to storyteller091

This is unexpected behavior, make sure that your iPhone is up to date ☞ Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

also try restart your iPhone ☞ Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

if that doesn’t help , try reset the settings by going to Settings > General > transfer or reset iPhone > reset > Reset All Settings.

you will not lose any data from your iPhone if you reset the settings, it will just back as default.

if that also doesn’t help Contact Apple Support

Mail Badge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.