Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m in Australia, so I can’t use the emergency via satellite ?

I have the iPhone 14 pro and going by the info I just read about using emergency sos via satellite, I can’t use it because I’m not in the USA ?

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Sorry that is correct. See the following information from Cool article Use Emergency SOS via satellite on your iPhone 14 - Apple Support

Emergency SOS via satellite availability

• To use Emergency SOS via satellite, you need an iPhone 14 model. It will also require an iOS 16 software update coming in November 2022.
  • You also need to be in a place with no cellular and Wi-Fi coverage.
  • Emergency SOS via satellite is available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada.
  • International travelers who visit the U.S. and Canada can use Emergency SOS via satellite, except if they bought their phone in China mainland, Hong Kong, or Macao. Emergency SOS via satellite isn't offered on iPhone models purchased in China mainland, Hong Kong, or Macao.
  • Emergency SOS via satellite isn't available in Guam or American Samoa.
  • Emergency SOS via satellite might not work in places above 62° latitude, such as northern parts of Canada and Alaska.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 2:14 PM in response to debosaurus

Sorry that is correct. See the following information from Cool article Use Emergency SOS via satellite on your iPhone 14 - Apple Support

Emergency SOS via satellite availability

• To use Emergency SOS via satellite, you need an iPhone 14 model. It will also require an iOS 16 software update coming in November 2022.
  • You also need to be in a place with no cellular and Wi-Fi coverage.
  • Emergency SOS via satellite is available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada.
  • International travelers who visit the U.S. and Canada can use Emergency SOS via satellite, except if they bought their phone in China mainland, Hong Kong, or Macao. Emergency SOS via satellite isn't offered on iPhone models purchased in China mainland, Hong Kong, or Macao.
  • Emergency SOS via satellite isn't available in Guam or American Samoa.
  • Emergency SOS via satellite might not work in places above 62° latitude, such as northern parts of Canada and Alaska.

I’m in Australia, so I can’t use the emergency via satellite ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.