Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad contacts

My husband and I share one account with me being the primary person. I just got him a new iPad, is there a way to get his contacts on it instead of mine?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 4:42 PM

Are you sharing an AppleID?

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages). You’ll not be able to reliably maintain any kind of data separation.

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for your husband.

After separating your identities, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 4:42 PM in response to KParkie

Are you sharing an AppleID?

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages). You’ll not be able to reliably maintain any kind of data separation.

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for your husband.

After separating your identities, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

Ipad contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.