Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate Apple IDs wife gets all my contacts

Whenever I add a new contact to my iPhone, it adds it to my wifes iPhone aswell. If she deletes it, it deletes off my phone. We have two separate Apple IDs and always have. My wife is annoyed with how many work contacts I have and wants to delete them, if she does it deletes them off my phone to which is annoying.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 11:53 PM

I would check Settings, Contacts, Accounts on both devices. Look at all of the accounts that have contacts turned on. Perhaps you are both signed into the same Gmail account, or other account that supports contact syncing.

Then also check Settings, Contacts, Default. Make sure that's set up how you want too.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 11:53 PM in response to Hard_on_equipment

I would check Settings, Contacts, Accounts on both devices. Look at all of the accounts that have contacts turned on. Perhaps you are both signed into the same Gmail account, or other account that supports contact syncing.

Then also check Settings, Contacts, Default. Make sure that's set up how you want too.

Separate Apple IDs wife gets all my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.