Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate icloud/apple ID accounts but we've got shared contacts

Both my husband and I have separate icloud accounts, but our contacts are merged. i just started to delete his on my phone and didn't realise but they were simultaneously deleting from his phone too. why is this happening and what can we do to separate them? I can't see how it has happened when we both have our own ID and icloud accounts?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received - thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 4:19 AM

but they were simultaneously deleting from his phone too. why is this happening and what can we do to separate them?

While you may have separate accounts, this is happening because at this moment you are both signed in to the same account.

Contacts are not shared between Apple IDs ever.

Check settings > your name to see which Apple ID you are each signed in to.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 4:19 AM in response to ldawso

but they were simultaneously deleting from his phone too. why is this happening and what can we do to separate them?

While you may have separate accounts, this is happening because at this moment you are both signed in to the same account.

Contacts are not shared between Apple IDs ever.

Check settings > your name to see which Apple ID you are each signed in to.

Separate icloud/apple ID accounts but we've got shared contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.