Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System software from developer "Coriolis System Limited" was blocked

Recently while I was deleting some old files that were cluttering up my

macbook I came across this alarming from my security and privacy, it

read that an old program made by Coriolis System Limited has been

blocked from running. Which is odd by, since I knew for sure that the

program known as iDefrag/iPartition was deleted. I even checked, but

apparently a program still lingers, now I need help. Cause I'm worried

this might be a virius in disguise, is there any fix to this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 12:12 AM

No, this is not a virus, nor is it malware. Also, as the message says, it was blocked and not in use.

In recent versions of macOS, when a program wants to install a kernel extension, this extension will only be installed if you specifically give permission for it. Since you didn't, that extension was blocked.

All safe and good.

To get rid of it completely, the easiest way would have to use the uninstaller provided by the developers, but we can also do it manually.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 12:12 AM in response to James-Gordon1983

No, this is not a virus, nor is it malware. Also, as the message says, it was blocked and not in use.

In recent versions of macOS, when a program wants to install a kernel extension, this extension will only be installed if you specifically give permission for it. Since you didn't, that extension was blocked.

All safe and good.

To get rid of it completely, the easiest way would have to use the uninstaller provided by the developers, but we can also do it manually.

System software from developer "Coriolis System Limited" was blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.