Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to ActiveDirectory account

I have a MacBook Pro 16" running MacOS Ventura 13.0 (22A380).

My primary login account is authenticated by a Microsoft ActiveDirectory server, but I can no longer login to this account from my MacBook. (I can still login to the account under Microsoft Windows, and can authenticate on Linux machines, too, so I'm puzzled why the Mac is the exception.)

I was able to login just fine yesterday, but not today.

This may be a coincidence, but I suspect otherwise as a result of the timing. A server certificate used by my primary domain controller expired yesterday. On 11/3, I revoked the old certificate and installed a new one.

I have tried using the Directory Utility to examine what it's seeing of the ActiveDirectory's content (via the Directory Editor tab), but the MacBook cannot connect to it: "Connection failed to the directory server. (2100)"

I'm unsure where to look for log messages that might help me diagnose the issue (I'm a MacOS newbie).

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:07 PM

I'm not sure what the reason for this was, but I used the command line to unbind from the domain, and then bind back to my AD server, and I was able to login. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot login to ActiveDirectory account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.