Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there 2 or 3 different model numbers on my iPhone ? When I push “model number” it changes

Why is there 2 or 3 different model numbers on my iPhone ? When I push “model number” it changes

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 2:38 AM

The model number field has two numbers. One is the broad model number for all units in that range. This will be A2482 for a US iPhone 13 but A2633 for an iPhone 13 in other places. It changes between regions.

The other number, I'm given to understand, refers to physical characteristics of the unit: colour, and storage for example. Mine is MLPF3X/A

Apple has a list of iPhone models which makes interesting reading for the spotters. See Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 2:38 AM in response to Desiree_613

The model number field has two numbers. One is the broad model number for all units in that range. This will be A2482 for a US iPhone 13 but A2633 for an iPhone 13 in other places. It changes between regions.

The other number, I'm given to understand, refers to physical characteristics of the unit: colour, and storage for example. Mine is MLPF3X/A

Apple has a list of iPhone models which makes interesting reading for the spotters. See Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.