Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Track your AFib History with Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Afib detected on Fitbit but not on Apple watch

I just bought an Apple Watch 8. I wear it to sleep but no afib detected however heart rate rises up to 110 while in sleep. I decided to wear Apple Watch on right hand and Fitbit sense on left wrist. My heart rates during sleep were similar however Fitbit notified me of Afib. Why? I bought this new watch because they said Apple has better heart detection. I’d appreciate any insight

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 7:55 AM

If you have been notified of AFib by any device, you should contact your doctor. Immediately.

According to Apple:

The irregular rhythm notification feature on your Apple Watch will occasionally look at your heartbeat to check for an irregular rhythm that might be suggestive of atrial fibrillation (AFib).

Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

It is not continuously monitoring for AFib.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 7:55 AM in response to Kmc5413

If you have been notified of AFib by any device, you should contact your doctor. Immediately.

According to Apple:

The irregular rhythm notification feature on your Apple Watch will occasionally look at your heartbeat to check for an irregular rhythm that might be suggestive of atrial fibrillation (AFib).

Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

It is not continuously monitoring for AFib.

Nov 9, 2022 6:13 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I know it doesn’t continuously monitor but neither does Fitbit and it catches it. I am being monitored by a doctor. I only knew I had Afib because Fitbit told me and dr immediately ordered testing. I just want to know why my Apple Watch isn’t detecting it. I thought it was better for heart health than Fitbit so trying to understand it all

Thank you for your help.

Afib detected on Fitbit but not on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.