Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to copy several headings of a paragraph and paste on another file. how i do this?

I want to copy several headings of a paragraph and paste on another file. how i do this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 6:32 PM

Hi Soloman,

Depends.

Do you want to "copy several headings of a (single) paragraph,"

or do you want to "copy the heading(s) of several paragraphs",

then paste those headings into a second file?

If it's the first case, and all of the headings are together on the page:

Select all of the headings.

Press command-c to Copy.

Navigate to the second document, click where in the existing text you want to place the headings, and press command-v to paste.

If it's the second case, in which there is unwanted text between the headings, you have two choices:

Option 1:

• Select and copy all the text from the beginning of the first heading to the end of the last heading you want to transfer. Press command-c.
  • Navigate to the second document and click in the existing text at the location you want to paste the first heading. Press command-v
  • Select all unwanted text between the end of the first heading and the beginning of the second heading.
  • Press delete to delete that block of unwanted text. Press return to push the second heading down to start on the next line of the document.
  • Repeat with the unwanted text between the second and third headings, then repeat until all unwanted text is removed, leaving only the headings.

Option 2:

• Select the first heading. Press command-c.
  • Navigate to the second document. Click where you want to place the first heading. Press command-v.
  • Press return to make a space for the next heading.
  • Repeat with each remaining heading.

Option 3:

Take a look in the Pages User Guide.

If you have used Paragraph styles and Heading styles in your document, click the Help menu in the menu bar at the top of your document, and choose Pages help.

This will open the Pages User Guide.

In the Search box, enter TOC to get to this page:

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 6:32 PM in response to solomon1161

Hi Soloman,

Depends.

Do you want to "copy several headings of a (single) paragraph,"

or do you want to "copy the heading(s) of several paragraphs",

then paste those headings into a second file?

If it's the first case, and all of the headings are together on the page:

Select all of the headings.

Press command-c to Copy.

Navigate to the second document, click where in the existing text you want to place the headings, and press command-v to paste.

If it's the second case, in which there is unwanted text between the headings, you have two choices:

Option 1:

• Select and copy all the text from the beginning of the first heading to the end of the last heading you want to transfer. Press command-c.
  • Navigate to the second document and click in the existing text at the location you want to paste the first heading. Press command-v
  • Select all unwanted text between the end of the first heading and the beginning of the second heading.
  • Press delete to delete that block of unwanted text. Press return to push the second heading down to start on the next line of the document.
  • Repeat with the unwanted text between the second and third headings, then repeat until all unwanted text is removed, leaving only the headings.

Option 2:

• Select the first heading. Press command-c.
  • Navigate to the second document. Click where you want to place the first heading. Press command-v.
  • Press return to make a space for the next heading.
  • Repeat with each remaining heading.

Option 3:

Take a look in the Pages User Guide.

If you have used Paragraph styles and Heading styles in your document, click the Help menu in the menu bar at the top of your document, and choose Pages help.

This will open the Pages User Guide.

In the Search box, enter TOC to get to this page:

Regards,

Barry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.