Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch iCloud backup

I need to put a iCloud that is backed up onto my new phone and I put the wrong one how do I put the freshly backed up iCloud from my old phone on to my new phone

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 11:39 PM

You can erase your new iPhone and restore from another backup of your choice.

Read the instructions Apple provides in Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Note the advice in the first step in that document.

If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup.

Click on the link explaining how to erase all of the contents then, when you are at the page asking if you wish to restore from a backup, make your choice.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 11:39 PM in response to RoRoRo504

You can erase your new iPhone and restore from another backup of your choice.

Read the instructions Apple provides in Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Note the advice in the first step in that document.

If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup.

Click on the link explaining how to erase all of the contents then, when you are at the page asking if you wish to restore from a backup, make your choice.

How to switch iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.