Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura and DNS

After installing Ventura on my MacBook Pro, I cant delete a DNS server in setting. I chose System Settings -> Network -> WiFi -> Details -> DNS.

If try to select a DNS entry and press "-" it does not work and its greyed out.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 6:50 AM

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

After installing Ventura on my MacBook Pro, I cant delete a DNS server in setting. I chose System Settings -> Network -> WiFi -> Details -> DNS.

Any suggestions?

Are you logged into your/ a admin account, not a standard user account...?

Can you highlight and select before you use the +/- ?

ref

Change DNS settings on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2022 6:50 AM in response to Tinyvaldemar

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

Any suggestions?

Are you logged into your/ a admin account, not a standard user account...?

Can you highlight and select before you use the +/- ?

ref

Change DNS settings on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 10, 2022 7:15 AM in response to Tinyvaldemar

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

I am logged in with my Admin account. I can add a DNS server but I cant highlight one and select "-"

I would try from a safeboot, login and compare your results—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

reboot as normal to leave Safeboot.

I would file a bug report w/ Apple Feedback here :  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

I will add—

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, is macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

Nov 10, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Tinyvaldemar

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

Thanks for the help!

I hate to do this, but I must confess that I am an idiot. What i think I am seeing, is a grey list of former DNS servers that has been in use. If i select "+" and add another DNS server, only the newly added one shows in the list. I can remove that server and when i do, the old grey list returns. I might defend myself by saying that it is confusing to see a list of IP addresses under DNS -servers that are not in use.

Thanks for the follow up Tinyvaldemar ,

you can use the same link to submit your feedback concerning the interface.

Apple Feedback here:  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

Nov 10, 2022 7:30 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the help!

I hate to do this, but I must confess that I am an idiot. What i think I am seeing, is a grey list of former DNS servers that has been in use. If i select "+" and add another DNS server, only the newly added one shows in the list. I can remove that server and when i do, the old grey list returns. I might defend myself by saying that it is confusing to see a list of IP addresses under DNS -servers that are not in use.

Ventura and DNS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.