Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make an installer USB?

I am going to install Ventura and uses the command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

The result of:

erlandflaten@MacErland-2 ~ % sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MacErland HD/usbdisk

sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

erlandflaten@MacErland-2 ~ % 

Maybe the "Installe macSO Ventura.app" is not the folder Applications?

I use Ventura 13.01 and would like to make an usb installer to install macos on another mac. Very troublesome. The reinstall over net dont work.

How do I put the installer inside the Application directory? I guess thats an start?

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 4:27 AM

Did you download the installer first?

Go to the App Store, search for Ventura, and click Get.

The download may take a while.

When it finishes, the installer will start. Quit the installer.

Then the installer will be in your Applications folder, and the command you posted will work... sort of!

The option you show for volume is weird.

It should be something of the form

/Volumes/volumename

and NOT

/Volumes/volumename/foldername

The whole external drive where you choose to make the installer will be ERASED, so be careful.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2022 4:27 AM in response to eflaten

Did you download the installer first?

Go to the App Store, search for Ventura, and click Get.

The download may take a while.

When it finishes, the installer will start. Quit the installer.

Then the installer will be in your Applications folder, and the command you posted will work... sort of!

The option you show for volume is weird.

It should be something of the form

/Volumes/volumename

and NOT

/Volumes/volumename/foldername

The whole external drive where you choose to make the installer will be ERASED, so be careful.

How to make an installer USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.