Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would I be able to use eSim with my I Phone and I pad using the same number for both?

May I use an e-sim and the same number to link these two devices to my I Phone number?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 10:01 AM

If you want to use cellular data on your iPad, it will need its own SIM. It cannot share a SIM with your phone. And, while iPad SIMS do have a mobile number associated with them, it's for billing purposes only and cannot be used for calls or texting.

You can link your iPad and iPhone together, however.

Make and receive phone calls on Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2022 10:01 AM in response to App_com9713

If you want to use cellular data on your iPad, it will need its own SIM. It cannot share a SIM with your phone. And, while iPad SIMS do have a mobile number associated with them, it's for billing purposes only and cannot be used for calls or texting.

You can link your iPad and iPhone together, however.

Make and receive phone calls on Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Would I be able to use eSim with my I Phone and I pad using the same number for both?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.