Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steam game shortcuts delete?

Hey, so how do I remove the steam game shortcuts from my macOS? I have macOS Ventura and I have Subnautica below zero installed from Steam. And it created a shortcut on my desktop and I don't need it but I don't want to remove the game. I noticed the shortcut has an .app extension so it might not be just a shortcut so I don't want to delete it unless that's the way you do it? I s there a proper way to do it through settings or steam settings or anything else? or do I just move it to trash and empty the trash? I want to do it the proper recommended way without mesing up my game because it's very important, I made a lot of progress.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:33 PM

Hi ladybug119,

We want to make certain you get the correct answer for your question, because we certainly don't want you to risk losing any of your game progress and will point you to the right place.

Since most of that is managed by the Steam application itself, we recommend reaching out to Steam Support directly for additional help.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 3:33 PM in response to ladybug119

Hi ladybug119,

We want to make certain you get the correct answer for your question, because we certainly don't want you to risk losing any of your game progress and will point you to the right place.

Since most of that is managed by the Steam application itself, we recommend reaching out to Steam Support directly for additional help.

Cheers!

Steam game shortcuts delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.