You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Check if Your Apple MagSafe Charger is Genuine?

I have bought Apple MagSafe overseas unfortunately, I couldn’t find Model Number In iPhone Settings while on charging . Is that mean it’s not genuine one ?

The second picture is my iPhone 13 while charging using MagSafe iOS 16.1.1 doesn’t show this option in settings

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 4:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:18 PM

Thank you for you reply .

We don't have an authorise apple store in my country .

My question is , if there is no any information about MagSafe charger in the iPhone setting while the iPhone charging using MagSafe charger it like the picture above , Does that mean it is not genuine or it can happen even with genuine one ?

Thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Shwen

Thank you for you reply .

We don't have an authorise apple store in my country .

My question is , if there is no any information about MagSafe charger in the iPhone setting while the iPhone charging using MagSafe charger it like the picture above , Does that mean it is not genuine or it can happen even with genuine one ?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2022 6:06 PM in response to Shwen

Hey Shwen,

We understand you're not sure if the Apple MagSafe Charger you purchased is genuine or not. The best way to know for certain is by looking at where it was purchased from. If it wasn't purchased from an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Reseller, there's no way to guarantee it's a genuine Apple product or not. You can purchase a new product with confidence that it's genuine by always ensuring you purchase from one of the two.

For help locating an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Reseller in your area, visit: Find Locations - Apple

Once at the link, you can change the country/region in the bottom-right hand corner of the page.

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

How to Check if Your Apple MagSafe Charger is Genuine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.