Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will deleting photos open up space

If I delete all of my photos from my mac, will it open up space? Seems I need to free up a bunch of space.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 3:09 AM

Instead of deleting photos you may want to move the complete Photos Library to an external volume. This will free a lot of storage all at once, if you have many photos and videos in your Photos Library. See this support document on how to prepare the external volume and to move the library: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Other candidates to check for wasted storage: Are you having Logic Pro or GarageBand installed? Then you may have a large sound library. A Music Library can get very large or the iMovie Library. More ideas how to free storage are described here: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support (BH)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 3:09 AM in response to spikejj

Instead of deleting photos you may want to move the complete Photos Library to an external volume. This will free a lot of storage all at once, if you have many photos and videos in your Photos Library. See this support document on how to prepare the external volume and to move the library: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Other candidates to check for wasted storage: Are you having Logic Pro or GarageBand installed? Then you may have a large sound library. A Music Library can get very large or the iMovie Library. More ideas how to free storage are described here: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support (BH)

will deleting photos open up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.