Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cellular watch series 8

xfinity is telling me that I have to always have my phone with me to make or receive calls on my cellular series 8 watch. I should be able to leave my phone at home and take a walk and still receive calls, am I correct?

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:52 AM

As explained in Set up cellular on Apple Watch:

"Set up cellular on Apple Watch

With a cellular connection on Apple Watch, you can make calls, reply to messages, receive notifications, and more — even while you’re away from your iPhone.

Before you start

• Make sure that you have the latest software on your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
  • Check for updates to your carrier settings.
  • Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier,* and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.
  • If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company or carrier to see if they support this feature. Pre-paid accounts and some older accounts aren’t currently supported. To make sure that your account is eligible, contact your carrier."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:52 AM in response to kimera86

As explained in Set up cellular on Apple Watch:

"Set up cellular on Apple Watch

With a cellular connection on Apple Watch, you can make calls, reply to messages, receive notifications, and more — even while you’re away from your iPhone.

Before you start

• Make sure that you have the latest software on your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
  • Check for updates to your carrier settings.
  • Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier,* and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.
  • If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company or carrier to see if they support this feature. Pre-paid accounts and some older accounts aren’t currently supported. To make sure that your account is eligible, contact your carrier."

cellular watch series 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.