Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 Macbook pro not synching to my LG monitor

I purchased the usb-c multiport pro from the apple store to connect to my LG monitor and its not synching. Why?!

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 8:06 AM

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities. Otherwise, the display will not be shown as present, and no data will be sent to the display. "No signal detected" is generated by the DISPLAY, not by the Mac.

This query is only sent at certain times:

• at startup

• at wake from sleep — so momentarily sleeping and waking your Mac may work

• at insertion of the Mac-end of the display-cable, provided everything on that cable is ready-to-go

• hold the Option key while you click on the (Detect Display) button that will appear in Displays preferences (from another display)

so try doing some of those things and see if the display comes alive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 8:06 AM in response to christinel13

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities. Otherwise, the display will not be shown as present, and no data will be sent to the display. "No signal detected" is generated by the DISPLAY, not by the Mac.

This query is only sent at certain times:

• at startup

• at wake from sleep — so momentarily sleeping and waking your Mac may work

• at insertion of the Mac-end of the display-cable, provided everything on that cable is ready-to-go

• hold the Option key while you click on the (Detect Display) button that will appear in Displays preferences (from another display)

so try doing some of those things and see if the display comes alive.

2021 Macbook pro not synching to my LG monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.