Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 16.1.1 and iPadOS 16.1.1

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR iOS update 16.1.1

I use an iPhone XR. I just got to see an update for 16.1.1. I am scared about this . I have heard from other iPhone users with my same model , when they do an iOS update on their phone , their iPhones starts having issues. I hope I won’t have them?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 3:02 AM

Jonathan Reynolds wrote: "...a new Fitness app that I have not deliberately installed has suddenly appeared on my Home Screen. On opening the latter, a dialogue asks for personal details, which it says are not shared with Apple. Why would an Apple upgrade install an app that is not associated with Apple?"

Jonathan ~ If the app's icon was this:

...it's Apple's own app:

Fitness on the App Store

õ¿õ¬

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 3:02 AM in response to Jonathan Reynolds

Jonathan Reynolds wrote: "...a new Fitness app that I have not deliberately installed has suddenly appeared on my Home Screen. On opening the latter, a dialogue asks for personal details, which it says are not shared with Apple. Why would an Apple upgrade install an app that is not associated with Apple?"

Jonathan ~ If the app's icon was this:

...it's Apple's own app:

Fitness on the App Store

õ¿õ¬

Nov 18, 2022 1:11 AM in response to Sunday_Arekam84

I have just installed this update on my iPhone 13 mini. It has had two immediately obvious strange effects. First, the time display on the Lock Screen is now an ugly bold font, not the usual stylish Apple aesthetics. Second, a new Fitness app that I have not deliberately installed has suddenly appeared on my Home Screen. On opening the latter, a dialogue asks for personal details, which it says are not shared with Apple. Why would an Apple upgrade install an app that is not associated with Apple? I backed out and deleted the unwanted Fitness app, but these two odd changes following upgrade leave me quite concerned. I wonder what else I will discover?

iPhone XR iOS update 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.