Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lines Across Screen

So, I started getting these horizontal lines across my laptop’s screen quite a while ago, but recently they got quite a bit worse, and the screen is worsening. The screen has also cracked. I suspect the damage to the screen is due to external damage. Is there any hope?

Update: screen went basically completely dead. It has done this, but will usually come back on, it is not coming back on.

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 11:14 AM

Hi, the plant mom…. Yes.. there is hope… if you can borrow/buy a small hdmi monitor, you might be able to use that in the meantime… you could even connect up your Mac laptop to your TV with an hdmi port on it and use that as a display… better than nothing, I suppose… I’d suggest finding an AASP ( apple authorized service provider) near you, or Apple Store with Genius Bar near you… if you go to Apple.com/support then “repairs” you should be able to find either one closest to you… if you had AppleCare + on your Mac Laptop, you would have had a 3 year warranty, otherwise it’d be a year… so give either one of ‘em a call and take it in for service.. sorry to hear about your accident, btw… I had a similar accident with a 45 inch 4K monitor 5 years ago, just carelessness on my part… so after crying for a while, I got some help from my family members and was able to buy a 32 “ 4K monitor to replace it, as repair or replacement would have cost too much, and I am more careful these days

hope this helps you

john b

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 11:14 AM in response to theplantmom

Hi, the plant mom…. Yes.. there is hope… if you can borrow/buy a small hdmi monitor, you might be able to use that in the meantime… you could even connect up your Mac laptop to your TV with an hdmi port on it and use that as a display… better than nothing, I suppose… I’d suggest finding an AASP ( apple authorized service provider) near you, or Apple Store with Genius Bar near you… if you go to Apple.com/support then “repairs” you should be able to find either one closest to you… if you had AppleCare + on your Mac Laptop, you would have had a 3 year warranty, otherwise it’d be a year… so give either one of ‘em a call and take it in for service.. sorry to hear about your accident, btw… I had a similar accident with a 45 inch 4K monitor 5 years ago, just carelessness on my part… so after crying for a while, I got some help from my family members and was able to buy a 32 “ 4K monitor to replace it, as repair or replacement would have cost too much, and I am more careful these days

hope this helps you

john b

Lines Across Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.