Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal lines on screen display

When I use the computer for a long time, about three or four hours, my computer screen will appear horizontal lines and start to shake. If I close the computer for a rest and then open it, it will recover but appear soon. The situation is more serious in summer when it is hot, and mild in winter. I saw this problem described in many internet forums in China by users. It will occur after using computers for two or three years, but it has passed the guarantee and the maintenance cost is also very expensive. I think this is a product design defect. Do other people have this problem? And Does the Apple has some method to do with this defect?

It is the hardware problem. I have reseted the system and have no effect on it. The horizontal lines grimes all screen display, even if I only use some simple software like Browser or Office.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 4:13 AM

Hi,

I think your MacBook Pro has hardware related display issue. Try to check with Apple Diagnostics if it's possible.

If you can't or error is reported, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 4:13 AM in response to LILI667

Hi,

I think your MacBook Pro has hardware related display issue. Try to check with Apple Diagnostics if it's possible.

If you can't or error is reported, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Horizontal lines on screen display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.