Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my home folder name and after changing it when i logged back into my user my user was reset i think. I still have all the apps but all the inapp data and all the setting of my mac have been reset. Can somebody help me.

I changed my home folder name and after changing it when i logged back into my user my user was reset i think. I still have all the apps but all the in app data and all the setting of my mac have been reset. Can somebody help me.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 5:19 PM

When you changed the home folder name, did you also change the name of your user? They are supposed to match. Did you make the change using another admin account?

1 reply

I changed my home folder name and after changing it when i logged back into my user my user was reset i think. I still have all the apps but all the inapp data and all the setting of my mac have been reset. Can somebody help me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.