Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send photos or group texts to non iPhone users

I have tried anything I can find... but I cannot send or receive photos from a non-iPhone, and I can't send or receive group texts if one person in the group doesn't have an iPhone. I have Verizon. I've had this problem for awhile now, it must be some setting because I just got a new iPhone 14 and it is still doing it.

Also:

SMS is on

MMS is on

Cellular data is on

Airplane mode is off

Group Messaging is on

iMessage is on

iMessage send/receive is both my phone number and Apple ID

I reset network settings

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 11:24 AM

Nova_12 wrote:

I have tried anything I can find... but I cannot send or receive photos from a non-iPhone, and I can't send or receive group texts if one person in the group doesn't have an iPhone. I have Verizon. I've had this problem for awhile now, it must be some setting because I just got a new iPhone 14 and it is still doing it.

Also:
SMS is on
MMS is on
Cellular data is on
Airplane mode is off
Group Messaging is on
iMessage is on
I reset network settings

Contact Verizon that is their feature.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 11:24 AM in response to Nova_12

Nova_12 wrote:

Also:
SMS is on
MMS is on
Cellular data is on
Airplane mode is off
Group Messaging is on
iMessage is on
I reset network settings

Contact Verizon that is their feature.

Dec 15, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Meghan0906

Meghan0906 wrote:

I am having the same issue I went to a Verizon store and they had not heard of the issue and could not fix it. They told me to go to Apple, that it must be something with them.

Not an Apple issue, go back to Verizon or call Verizon and speak to someone higher up and not a salesperson, your line need to be re provisioned to use MMS. This is a known issue with Verizon.

Can't send photos or group texts to non iPhone users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.