Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send a text to a recipent who has both an iPad and an Android phone

When I texted my niece, her iPad received the message but her Android phone does not. The text went out as SMS, in a blue bubble. Are there any steps she or I can take to get the text to show on her phone?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 3:08 PM

MelindaMSW wrote:

When I texted my niece, her iPad received the message but her Android phone does not. The text went out as SMS, in a blue bubble. Are there any steps she or I can take to get the text to show on her phone?

Blue bubble is imessage not text message which is green, that why it is going to her ipad, that is an Apple feature.

IF she has an android you would need to send a text to her phone number not apple id.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 3:08 PM in response to MelindaMSW

MelindaMSW wrote:

Blue bubble is imessage not text message which is green, that why it is going to her ipad, that is an Apple feature.

IF she has an android you would need to send a text to her phone number not apple id.

How to send a text to a recipent who has both an iPad and an Android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.