Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sealed iPad was stolen

Hi, I’ve had a brand new sealed iPad stolen, is there any way of tracing the IPad if the thief turns it on and sets it up ? I would like to report this as would like to take it further.

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:58 PM

If purchased from an Apple store location, if you have a paper receipt in hand, as proof of purchase, there might be a slim chance of recovery.

The model and serial number, I believe,is printed on the paper receipt,,as well as in an emailed receipt.

If purchased from an Apple Store or Apple online and you asked or received an email receipt, you can print this email reciept out

You would need to contact your local police about the theft, and either give them a copy of the sales receipt and or give them the info from the email receipt or see if the police will ask to forward the email purchase receipt of the device to their offices.

Other than this, there is nothing else to be done.

Apple and Apple stores do not get involved with lost or stolen products/devices.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 12:58 PM in response to DMCoo

If purchased from an Apple store location, if you have a paper receipt in hand, as proof of purchase, there might be a slim chance of recovery.

The model and serial number, I believe,is printed on the paper receipt,,as well as in an emailed receipt.

If purchased from an Apple Store or Apple online and you asked or received an email receipt, you can print this email reciept out

You would need to contact your local police about the theft, and either give them a copy of the sales receipt and or give them the info from the email receipt or see if the police will ask to forward the email purchase receipt of the device to their offices.

Other than this, there is nothing else to be done.

Apple and Apple stores do not get involved with lost or stolen products/devices.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Sealed iPad was stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.