Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware problem

I think I may have spyware on my iPhone but I’m not 100% sure.

My ex has access to my phone without me knowing, and I really feel that I’m being monitored. And no I’m not tweaking. I just need a better understanding about this whole spyware situation. And what can I really do about it.. Or to check myself, Rather then downloading a app to find out, cause most apps really don’t tell you without having to pay money to do extra stuff on the phone. Please help this has been a concern for almost two years now

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 8:57 PM

Troubleshooting a "Hacked" Device:

Just like anyone, your best options are to secure your account (open and use a new eMail address for your Apple ID), and add everything manually. As for your current phone, set it up anew, as if you were to sell it.  In Depth.

Four Things Here:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report this to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

and...

D. Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 8:57 PM in response to SmoKeLK

Troubleshooting a "Hacked" Device:

Just like anyone, your best options are to secure your account (open and use a new eMail address for your Apple ID), and add everything manually. As for your current phone, set it up anew, as if you were to sell it.  In Depth.

Four Things Here:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report this to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

and...

D. Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Spyware problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.