Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini does not let me update outlook mail password

My iPad 4 will not allow me to charge it so I have resorted to using my old iPad mini.

It prompted me to update my outlook mail password. It took me to the screen to update the password but when I click on “re-enter password” it simply returns to the same re-enter password screen.

I have tried deleting the account but now it does not allow me to reset it up.

iPad mini, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:38 AM

If you are attempting to change your Microsoft account password, you’ll need to sign-in to your account and change it there - then updating the corresponding stored passwords on devices as needed.

Be aware that Microsoft, in common with many other Mail providers, now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes. If using Outlook or Hotmail accounts, this may be relevant to you.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, may require a unique App-specific password to be generated from within your Microsoft account. To do so, you’ll need to sign-in to your Microsoft account from a we-browser. Note that the system generated App Specific password will intentionally differ from your Microsoft account password - and can only be used to access your Microsoft mail.

More information about Microsoft’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 3:38 AM in response to Philealing

If you are attempting to change your Microsoft account password, you’ll need to sign-in to your account and change it there - then updating the corresponding stored passwords on devices as needed.

Be aware that Microsoft, in common with many other Mail providers, now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes. If using Outlook or Hotmail accounts, this may be relevant to you.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, may require a unique App-specific password to be generated from within your Microsoft account. To do so, you’ll need to sign-in to your Microsoft account from a we-browser. Note that the system generated App Specific password will intentionally differ from your Microsoft account password - and can only be used to access your Microsoft mail.

More information about Microsoft’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944

iPad mini does not let me update outlook mail password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.