Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add old default wallpaper

Hi, I have macos Ventura. In the system preferences i can change the desktop wallpaper so i added a custom folder with all my image. Subsequently i relize that also the default wallpaper of previous OS are nice. How can i add these old wallpaper to my folder? Because I cannot find them anywhere.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 8:30 AM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2022 8:49 AM in response to LucaTortore1212

LucaTortore1212 wrote:

Hi, I have macos Ventura. In the system preferences i can change the desktop wallpaper so i added a custom folder with all my image. Subsequently i relize that also the default wallpaper of previous OS are nice. How can i add these old wallpaper to my folder? Because I cannot find them anywhere.

>System Settings or Control click on the Desktop>Change Wallpaper

you do not say what you are looking for, or how far back...(?)

I see a bunch of old one here:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Nov 12, 2022 9:06 AM in response to LucaTortore1212

LucaTortore1212 wrote:

yes, I already found these picture and downloaded them, but how can i add these wallpaper to a custom folder (with all my personal wallpaper) that already exist? In simple term i need the "raw" file of these wallpaper, but I cannot find them in any folder.

thanks for the answer

? not clear as to why you would have to move to another folder... non-the-less you can look in your Finder

From your Finder>Go>Go to Folder copy and paste:

/System/Library/Desktop Pictures

note: the newer location included /System, there is no r/w access.

— you can add dynamic wall paper—drop your wall paper in this folder, from Finder>Go>Go To Folder , copy & paste:

/Library/Desktop Pictures

Add old default wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.