Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

second hand Apple Watch

I have been given an Apple Watch but I am unable to pair it with my device due to the previous owner. How can I solve this problem ?

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:24 AM

If the previous owners information is still on the watch, you cannot pair it until the phone is prepared appropriately for you to use. Do you know the previous owner? If yes, these are the directions they need to follow so you can use the watch --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you don't know them, can't reach them or they are unwilling to do this, you are proud owner of a useless wrist ornament, you can not use. If this is your situation, recycle the watch appropriately. Apple will NOT help you and we cannot help you either.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 9:24 AM in response to islande2023

If the previous owners information is still on the watch, you cannot pair it until the phone is prepared appropriately for you to use. Do you know the previous owner? If yes, these are the directions they need to follow so you can use the watch --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you don't know them, can't reach them or they are unwilling to do this, you are proud owner of a useless wrist ornament, you can not use. If this is your situation, recycle the watch appropriately. Apple will NOT help you and we cannot help you either.

second hand Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.