Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ran EtreCheckPro and the report says my hard drive is failing. I have a 2015 Mac desktop. what should I do?

I ran EtreCheckPro because my 2015 Mac Desktop has been extremely slow. the report says my hard drive is failing. what should I do?

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:30 PM

Hello!

First, delete CleanMyMac. Cleaners don't help, they only hurt on Mac. They can damage system and personal files, impact performance, and cause kernel panics. Follow these steps to uninstall:

How to uninstall CleanMyMac X

Next, your hard disk-equipped Mac can have improved system performance by connecting to an external SSD (solid state drive). While the hard disk found in your Mac is perfectly suited to light tasks, for more advanced tasks, and for users who want the maximum performance from their Mac, this hard drive does have its limitations. An external SSD as your startup disk will make your Mac 10 to 40 times faster for storage, and in turn, make your entire Mac faster and more capable.

To learn more, see: Use an external SSD as your startup disk … - Apple Community.

Jack

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 1:30 PM in response to cmessick17

Hello!

First, delete CleanMyMac. Cleaners don't help, they only hurt on Mac. They can damage system and personal files, impact performance, and cause kernel panics. Follow these steps to uninstall:

How to uninstall CleanMyMac X

Next, your hard disk-equipped Mac can have improved system performance by connecting to an external SSD (solid state drive). While the hard disk found in your Mac is perfectly suited to light tasks, for more advanced tasks, and for users who want the maximum performance from their Mac, this hard drive does have its limitations. An external SSD as your startup disk will make your Mac 10 to 40 times faster for storage, and in turn, make your entire Mac faster and more capable.

To learn more, see: Use an external SSD as your startup disk … - Apple Community.

Jack

I ran EtreCheckPro and the report says my hard drive is failing. I have a 2015 Mac desktop. what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.