Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I click on an app I would like it says it’s not available in my region. If I’ve already purchased this app why should that be the reason I can’t get the app

I’ve found my previous apps that I’ve downloaded to my older iPad. The apps are available through the store. Then why do I get that it can’t be downloaded because it’s not in my region. What does that mean.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:20 PM

Did you recently change the country for your Apple ID? If so, any apps you purchased previously would have to be re-purchased. However, some of them may not be available in the new country. That restriction would be poised by that particular country, not Apple.

2 replies

Nov 12, 2022 3:24 PM in response to Becky563

Apple’s App Store is regional - each geographic region (or country) having is own App Store - in much the same way as other retail companies have stores and retail outlets that are managed independently within that country. Different countries may not necessarily have the same products available. Apple’s regional App Stores are no different.

App Developers may choose to market their software in some countries - and not others. Apps may even be selectively withdrawn from some regions.

When I click on an app I would like it says it’s not available in my region. If I’ve already purchased this app why should that be the reason I can’t get the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.